Here’s where you’ll find information regarding all of our upcoming retreats, conferences, and events for the year.
A Confirmation Retreat on Sainthood
We are all called to become saints — to follow Jesus, who is the way, the truth, and the life — but what does that look like? What are the foundations of living a holy life? What does it mean to be a saint?
Made Known is a retreat designed specifically for middle school youth that reveals what it means to be a saint. Each session lays out different foundations in the path of holiness, providing a diverse selection of saints as examples. The youth will learn the importance of loving God, seeking truth, and having courage as they follow Jesus on the path to sainthood.
Who: 8th Grade Confirmation Candidates
Cost: $50 per person
Includes: Retreat Materials, 3 Meals
Location: St. Mark Catholic Church
When: Saturday, April 10, from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Social Distancing Guidelines
COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze. It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection. Therefore, personal prevention practices (such as handwashing, staying home when sick) and environmental cleaning and disinfection are important principles to keep in mind Fortunately, there are a number of actions our youth ministry is taking to help lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure and spread during youth activities this year.
- All youth activities will take place in the parish hall.
- Youth will be asked to wear cloth face coverings to all youth ministry activities (even those taking place outside).
- Proper social distancing (six feet apart) will be maintained during all youth activities.
- All frequently touched surfaces (e.g. chairs, tables, door handles, and game equipment) will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged at all youth events (hand sanitizing stations will be set up at each event).
- At this time we will only provide pre-packaged snacks or drinks at our youth events.
“Restore us, O God; let your face shine, that we may be saved.” -Psalm 80:3 RSV
Can you remember a time when you weren’t anxious about something? The chaos of our lives can overwhelm us and make it difficult to see anything other than confusion and brokenness.
And somewhere along the way, we’ve forgotten who we are – and, more importantly, who God is.
We have a good, loving Father in heaven who created us to share in His glory, to see everything and everyone with His eyes. His greatest desire is to raise us up out of our fear and anxiety and restore us to the hope and abundant life that only He can give.
This summer, over 50,000 Catholic teens across North America will attend one of 25 Steubenville Youth Conferences to encounter the God who calls us out of darkness and into his marvelous light. Lift your eyes to the glory of God. Be restored.
Who: High School students
Cost: $265 per person
Includes: Retreat Materials, Lodging, and 4 Meals
Location: Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center, Aurora, CO
When: Friday, July 2nd to Sunday, July 4th, 2021
Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center.
The address for the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center is 6700 N Gaylord Rockies Blvd, Aurora, CO 80019.
Please make sure students bring money for dinner on Friday night.
Friday, July 2nd, 4:30 PM at Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center.
Sunday, July 4th 12:00 PM at Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center.
- Youth will be asked to wear cloth face coverings to all youth ministry activities (even those taking place outside)
- Hand sanitizer
- Clothes for Saturday and Sunday
- Rosary, Bible, Journal, and Pen (any other desire spiritual reading)
- Toiletries (Body Wash, Shampoo, Toothbrush, Deodorant, etc.)
- Medication (must be turned in to Youth Minister with specific instructions)
- One Bag or Suitcase Per Person
- Water Bottle
- Money for food and Catholic Store