Saint John Paul II once said, “It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness; He is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; He is the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is He who provoked you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise; it is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is He who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle.”
We seek to bring teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and our faith community. In relationship with Jesus, we seek to know and love Him more through prayer, the Sacraments, and what He teaches us about who He is, who we are, and how we are to live. In relationship with our faith community—the community of our peers, families, and of the greater Church—we learn what it means to become missionary disciples leading others closer to Christ.
COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze. It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection. Therefore, personal prevention practices (such as handwashing, staying home when sick) and environmental cleaning and disinfection are important principles to keep in mind Fortunately, there are a number of actions our youth ministry is taking to help lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure and spread during youth activities this summer.
- All youth activities for the summer months will take place outside near the playground equipment/pavilion. In the event of inclement weather we’ll meet in the parish hall.
- Youth will be asked to wear cloth face coverings to all youth ministry activities (even those taking place outside).
- Proper social distancing (six feet apart) will be maintained during all youth activities. Tape on floors and plastic cones will provide further help in maintaining proper social distancing during all youth events.
- All frequently touched surfaces (e.g. chairs, tables, picnic tables, gates, door handles, and outdoor game equipment) will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged at all youth events (hand sanitizing stations will be set up at each event).
- At this time we will not be providing snacks or drinks at any youth event. Youth are encouraged to bring a water bottle.